The sandwich bag will hold your egg. Put an egg in each sandwich bag, and find a suitable location to drop the parachute. Drop the parachutes from at least 10 ft high to get the best result.
How do you parachute an egg to land?
- Cut a square from the garbage bag that is 20 inches on each side.
- Use a hole punch to punch one hole in each corner of the piece of plastic garbage bag.
- Cut four pieces of 20-inch long string.
- Thread a piece of string through each hole in the bag and secure by tying the string firmly on each corner.
What is the best material for a homemade parachute?
Nylon – Nylon replaced silk during the WW2 when supply of silk diminished. Nylon has since become a popular choice, as it has excellent wind resistance, good elasticity, mildew resistance, and is comparatively cheaper. The material is also lightweight and dries quickly. It is resistant to abrasion and chemicals.
How can an egg survive a 20 foot drop?
Possibilities include balloons, popcorn, packing peanuts, wads of paper or cereal puffs. Encase the egg in any of these inside a paper or plastic bag, a sock or a stocking. If you have any bubble wrap around the house, wrapping the egg in several layers of bubble wrap should also provide a good cushion.
How do you make a parachute stronger?
- Cut out a large square from your plastic bag or material.
- Trim the edges so it looks like an octagon (an eight sided shape).
- Cut a small whole near the edge of each side.
- Attach 8 pieces of string of the same length to each of the holes.
- Tie the pieces of string to the object you are using as a weight.
How do you drop an egg without breaking it?
There are three basic ways to increase the likelihood of safely dropping an egg:
- Slow down the descent speed. …
- Cushion the egg so that something other than the egg itself absorbs the impact of landing. …
- Orient the egg so that it lands on the strongest part of the shell.
Does the size of a parachute affect how fast it falls?
The size of the parachute affects the speed of falling because a larger parachute allows it to displace more air, causing it to fall more slowly. If you consider the extreme example of no parachute, an object will fall quickly.
What keeps a parachute move slower?
The larger the parachute, the greater the drag force. In the case of these parachutes, the drag force is opposite to the force of gravity, so the drag force slows the parachutes down as they fall.
What is the best shape for a parachute?
The circle parachute should demonstrate the slowest average descent rate because its natural symmetrical shape would be the most efficient design to maximize wind resistance and create drag.
What is the highest floor you can drop an egg from without it cracking?
A building has 100 floors. One of the floors is the highest floor an egg can be dropped from without breaking. If an egg is dropped from above that floor, it will break. If it is dropped from that floor or below, it will be completely undamaged and you can drop the egg again.
Why doesn’t an egg break when dropped on a pillow?
Force goes down. When dropped on a pillow, the egg starts to slow down as soon as it touches it. A pillow increases the time the egg takes to stops.
How do you make a parachute last longer in the air?
A circular shape can stay the longest in the air, because a circular shape has a uniform edge which provides the most air resistance which gives the softest landing.
What materials do you use to make a parachute?
- Lightweight plastic bag.
- Hole puncher.
- 8 pieces of yarn or twine, cut to the same length.
- Clear tape.
- Small toy.