An evolutionary design varies from the basic shape and feature a tail. Wau Kikik (Malay Kite) The other widely known Wau are; Wau Bulan (Moon Kite), Wau Kucing (Cat Kite) and Wau Jalabudi (Woman Kite). These Wau are considered as the National Kites and are made compulsory items in national kite competitions.
What are the different types of Wau?
The 5 Types Of Wau
- Wau Bulan. Also known as the Moon Kite since the crescent-shaped lower sail looks a little like a moon in the sky. …
- Jala Budi. Also known as the Woman Kite, although considerable imagination is required to see why, from it’s shape! …
- Kuching. This means Cat Kite. …
- Barat. Or, the Leaf Kite. …
What kind of art is Wau kite?
Answer: Wau bulan (Jawi: واو بولن) is an intricately designed Malaysian moon-kite (normally with floral motifs) that is traditionally flown in the Malaysian state of Kelantan.
What is the uses of Wau kite?
Answer. The largest, most elaborate wau are used in kite flying competitions, while smaller ones with near-identical shapes and designs serve as decorative items. The main component of a wau, the wings, resemble a large leaf, and are balanced by a “horn” or head on top and a bottom (tail) of varying shape.
How do you make a Wau kite?
Wau Kite Making Directions
- Assemble materials: …
- Tape butcher paper or Tyvek sheet to table.
- Trace kite outline with marker.
- Add couple drops soap to small dish of paint. …
- Dip stamp into paint in dish. …
- Tape stencil over desired area of kite. …
- Dip wide paintbrush in paint. …
- Dip damp sponge shape into paint.
What is the characteristics of Wau kite?
The size of wau bulan is bigger than any other Malaysian traditional kite. The typical size is 2.5 meters in width and 3.5 meters in length. This makes the decorations painted on the kite’s body to be visible when it is flown high in the air.
What is the meaning of Wau kite?
Wau or Kite in Malay is a uniquely designed Malaysian kite that has flown since times past. It is called ‘Wau’ because the shape of its wing is similar to an Arabic letter (pronounced “wow”). It is a marvelous tradition inherent to the culture of the people, especially in the Eastern States of the Malayan Peninsula.
Which country belongs kite?
What is Wau kite made of?
The frame (rangka) of a wau is made from light, flexible bamboo, the strips measured and tied together by means of thin string. Symmetry and balance are important. The frame is then usually covered with three layers of paper.
What is the use of Wau kite of Malaysia?
Kite game has become a tradition of the game after the harvest. They play wau to relieve tired after working in the fields. They also feel happy while playing and see each other up there in some places, and their district will hold an annual festival and the most beautiful kite competition between districts.